EDUCATION & Community Engagement Coordinator
The Education & Community Engagement Coordinator assumes a crucial role in supporting the implementation & development of symphony Education & Community Engagement programs & initiatives.
- Staffs and coordinates the scheduling, billing and teacher communications for “Instrument Petting Zoo”, “Classroom Concert” and “Taste of Music” programs.
- Serve as main liaison between schools, community partners and the A2SO
- Hires, manages, trains, schedules part time Instrument Petting Zoo staff members
- Develops & publishes main stage concert related educational initiatives including Program Notes for Kids, Close Listening Notes & Chamber Concert programs
- Assists in the publication and development of Youth Concert & Classroom Concert curriculum materials
- Oversees the maintenance of CRM database records (Theatre Manager) for all programs & educational initiatives
- Creates metrics & reports for tracking program retention, growth and engagement
- Provides administrative and programmatic support to department supervisor including:
- Dividing time between in school programs, youth concerts, community engagement events and administrative program management.
- Balancing short term logistic priorities with long term strategic programmatic goals
- Creating and executing measurable program assessments
- Ensuring the execution, growth, and engagement of all programs is informed by purposeful execution of the symphony’s mission & vision
- Cultivating relationships with community partnerships, school administrators, teachers and community members to expand program reach
- Training, evaluation & engagement of musicians & volunteers for Education & Community Engagement programs
- Mentoring Education & Community Engagement Interns
- Development and presentation of teacher training materials
- Presenting initiatives and reports to community partners & board of directors
- Engaging and expanding an Education sub committee of the Board of Directors
- Implementation and assistance with operations of all Education & Community Engagement Programs & initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Music Performance, Music Education or a related field
- Strong knowledge of orchestral repertoire including the ability to read music.
- Experience with and knowledge of the public school environment, trends in education and music education methods
- Strong written, oral, and organizational skills.
- Deadline oriented with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings on occasion.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems and their applications, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite & WordPress.
- Full-time; Salary based on experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation; 2 weeks flexible comp time; 7 days sick time; 3 personal days
- Full medical & dental
Primary Reporting Responsibility:
- Director of Education & Community Engagement