Director of Marketing & Communications
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for connecting patrons and other audiences to memorable and impactful experiences through content and programming. This position is responsible for the overall expression of the Symphony’s identity in the content it creates and through its external communications strategy.
- Create, plan and implement all aspects of single ticket, season subscription, and renewal campaigns, including the design and placement of print, paid search, paid social, press releases, events listings, newsletters, direct mail, and email campaigns
- Develop pricing strategies and policies that fulfill revenue attendance goals.
- Manage and oversee all social media channels in regard to content, promotion, consumer engagement, customer service, performance management, and listings.
- Cultivate close relationships with media outlets and oversee the development of all press content including interviews, editorial, and news media
- Oversee all photo and video content including engaging and managing photographers and videographers for virtual concert offerings; maintain image library; coordinate photographers at performances.
- Represent the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra at performances and community events. Assist on-site press and photographers.
- Oversee all the content put out by the business to the media through print, direct mail, email, interviews, collateral, speeches, recorded messages, newsletters and so forth.
- Maintain media contacst and act as spokesperson for the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra as needed, and to provide public information by request.
- Design, maintain and update website continuously with the help of outside vendors as necessary
- Identify strategic distribution channels for digital and print
- Write compelling, story‐centric pieces that pique curiosity about classical music and convey a highly satisfying audience experience
- Produce attention‐grabbing images and videos that build and reinforce the A2SO brand
- Interview and promote guest artists
- Tell the A2SO’s story with clarity in audience acquisition efforts
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, music, English, or business preferred
- Strong knowledge of classical music, with experience in live classical music a plus
- Strong writing skill
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Adobe CC
- Knowledge of ticketing systems and CRMs
- Experience with remote work a plus
The Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra team is currently working remotely and communicates via Zoom and Slack. Flexible remote work accommodations can be facilitated while COVID-19 prevents in-office work. Relocation to Ann Arbor, Michigan will be required when normal in-office activities resume.
- Low to Mid 50k range, salary based on experience
- 20 days of vacation; Flexible Holiday package; 7 days sick time; 3 personal days
- Full medical & dental
Primary Reporting Responsibility:
- Executive Director