Marketing & Communications Manager
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for creating memorable and impactful experiences for patrons and other audiences through content, communications, and design. This forward-facing role is responsible for the overall expression of the Symphony’s identity in the content it creates and in its artistic offerings.
- Create, plan and implement all aspects of single ticket, season subscription, and renewal campaigns, including the design and placement of print, paid search, paid social, press releases, events listings, newsletters, direct mail, and email campaigns
- Develop pricing strategies and policies that fulfill revenue attendance goals.
- Manage and oversee all social media channels in regard to content, promotion, consumer engagement, customer service, performance management, and listings.
- Cultivate close relationships with media outlets and oversee the development of all press content including interviews, editorial, and news media
- Oversee all photo and video content including engaging and managing photographers and videographers; maintain image library; coordinate photographers at performances.
- Represent the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra at performances and community events. Assist on-site press and photographers.
- Oversee all the content put out by the business to the media through print, direct mail, email, interviews, collateral, speeches, recorded messages, newsletters and so forth.
- Maintain media contacst and act as spokesperson for the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra as needed, and to provide public information by request.
- Design, maintain and update website continuously with the help of outside vendors as necessary
- Identify strategic distribution channels for digital and print
- Write compelling, story‐centric pieces that pique curiosity about classical music and convey a highly satisfying audience experience
- Produce attention‐grabbing images and videos that build and reinforce the A2SO brand
- Interview and promote guest artists
- Tell the A2SO’s story with clarity in audience acquisition efforts
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, music, English, or business preferred
- Strong knowledge of classical music
- Strong writing skills
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Adobe CC
- Knowledge of ticketing systems and CRMs
- Salary based on experience
- 2 weeks paid vacation; 2 weeks flexible comp time; 7 days sick time; 3 personal days
- Full medical & dental
Primary Reporting Responsibility:
- Executive Director