Marketing Internship (September-April)
Come join the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra team in Ann Arbor, Michigan and gain first‐hand knowledge of what it’s like to work in the orchestra industry. We’re looking for passionate students with a unique enthusiasm for classical music and a drive to raise the bar. You should be at or near Junior or Senior standing in your college career or in your first year after completing your bachelor’s degree.
Marketing interns work with designers, media outlets, and others to produce materials that promote all of the fantastic music being made at the A2SO. But this work goes way beyond advertisements—we emphasize a holistic focus on the audience experience and how we can make live classical music inviting and accessible to our entire community. If you’re a creative problem solver that loves finding new approaches to complete tasks, arts marketing could be the perfect fit for you.
Things you’ll work on:
- Collaborate with designers to create new assets for digital and print
- Identify strategic distribution channels for digital and print
- Write compelling, story‐centric pieces that pique curiosity about classical music and convey a highly satisfying audience experience
- Produce attention‐grabbing images and videos that build and reinforce the A2SO brand
- Interview and promote guest artists
- Design and implement visually‐engaging email campaigns
- Tell the A2SO’s story with clarity in audience acquisition efforts
- And more!
- High School diploma required
- Preference given to recent college graduates, students enrolled in junior or senior year of Bachelor’s program, and graduate students
- Strong writing skills
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Adobe programs
- Classical music knowledge is a plus
Compensation and Commitment:
- Flexible schedule of 20 hours per week during regular business hours beginning in September and ending in April
- Mainstage and Pops concert attendance required
- Attendance at four Marketing Committee meetings
- This is an unpaid internship
Primary Reporting Responsibility:
- Director of Marketing