LINK UP: The Orchestra moves2022-2023 ELEMENTARY SCHOOL YOUTH CONCERT
Join us for our 2023 Elementary-aged youth concert, Link Up: The Orchestra Moves! This concert features your students as performers from their seats as they sing, play and dance along with the orchestra. This program is provided through a partnership with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute.
March 21, 2023 | 10:15 AM
Hill Auditorium (825 N University Ave, Ann Arbor)
Upon receiving your ticket request, an A²SO staff member will respond confirming your order. Ticket reservations can be adjusted or canceled up until the final payment deadline of March 1, 2023.
Program: Link Up: The Orchestra Moves
January 20, 2023: Bussing Subsidy Eligibility Deadline
February 14, 2023: Transportation survey due
February 17, 2023: Bussing Subsidies announced and finalized invoices sent out
March 1, 2023: Final Payment Deadline
March 21, 2023: Concert Day!
A2SO BUSSING SUBSIDY: The Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra has limited funding available to subsidize the cost of bussing to the Link Up and Middle School Youth Concerts. If you would like to apply for a bussing subsidy, please provide the necessary information on your Youth Concert Ticket Reservation form before January 20, 2023. Award allocations are determined by an “Overall Need Score” that considers the following factors:
- free and reduced lunch percentage (50%)
- distance from the school to Hill Auditorium (25%)
- number of buses needed (25%)
Carnegie Hall no longer provides printed Student Guides. However, they continue to provide participating teachers with printed curriculum materials and ample digital resources for each piece featured in the concert. Those materials can be accessed and downloaded for classroom use. A printed copy of the Teacher Guide will be mailed directly from Carnegie Hall to teachers who reserve tickets by October 1, 2022. Teachers reserve tickets after October 1 may still receive a Teacher Guide if copies are still available.
- Final Payments are due one week before the concert on the “Final Deadline” of March 1, 2023.
- Payments can be made via credit card over the phone by calling the A²SO office at (734) 994-4801 or by mailing a check to 35 Research Dr. Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
Payments are non-refundable if a school chooses not to attend the concert after the March 1 deadline. 50% of the payment will be refundable under the following conditions:
- The school’s district cancels school due to inclement weather or COVID-19 outbreak.
- The performance is canceled.
In the event of the cancellation of a performance, every effort will be made to reschedule the performance. Schools unable to attend the rescheduled date will be refunded 50% of the total payments.
- Ticket reservations must include the total number of seats needed by a group including any students, parents, teachers, or chaperones.
- Modifications to reservations must be made by the “Final Deadline” of March 1, 2023.
- Parents who are not chaperones can buy individual parent tickets starting 2 weeks before the concert while availability lasts. Parents who do not arrive with a school as an approved chaperone will not be allowed to sit in the student sections, but rather in a designated parent ticket section.