Music in the Middle2020-2021 MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH CONCERT
MUSIC IN THE MIDDLE: ARound the world
November 17th, 2020 | 10:30 am at Hill Auditorium
Upon receiving your ticket request, an A²SO staff member will respond confirming your order. Ticket reservations can be adjusted or canceled up until the final payment deadline of November 3rd, 2020.
Program: “Around the World”
DVORÁK Slavonic Dance in G minor, op. 46, no. 8
FALLA Jota from Three-Cornered Hat Suite No. 2
WILLIAM GRANT STILL Afro-American Symphony, Mvt. III (Animato)
COPLAND Variations on a Shaker Melody
Viviane FUNG Pizzicato for String Orchestra
ELGAR Nimrod from Enigma Variations
Young Artist Competition Winner TBD
Jennifer HIGDON Machine
John WILLIAMS Harry’s Wondrous World from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
*repertoire subject to change
September 17th, 2020: Bussing Subsidy Eligibility Deadline
November 3rd, 2020: Final deadline for payment and headcount
November 17th, 2020: Concert Day! 10:30 AM
Middle School youth concert: Grades 6-8
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 | 10:30am
Hill Auditorium | Ann Arbor, Michigan
A2SO BUSSING SUBSIDY:
The Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra has limited funding available to subsidize the cost of bussing to the Link Up and Middle School Youth Concerts. If you would like to apply for a bussing subsidy, please provide the necessary information on your Youth Concert Ticket Reservation form before September 17th, 2020.
Award allocations are determined by an “Overall Need Score” that considers the following factors:
- distance from the school to Hill Auditorium (25%)
- number of buses needed (25%)
- free and reduced lunch percentage (50%)
The A²SO provides participating teachers with curriculum materials for each piece featured at the concert. Teachers who have reserved tickets will receive access to a Google Drive folder in the fall (September 2020) with more information on the program and these resources.
- Final Payments are due 2 weeks before the concert on the “Final Deadline” of November 3rd, 2020.
- Payments can be made via credit card over the phone by calling the A²SO office at (734) 994-4801 or by mailing a check to 35 Research Dr. Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
Payments are non-refundable if a school chooses not to attend the concert after the November 3 deadline. 50% of the payment will be refundable under the following conditions:
- The school’s district cancels school due to inclement weather or COVID-19 outbreak.
- The performance is canceled.
In the event of the cancellation of a performance, every effort will be made to reschedule the performance. Schools unable to attend the rescheduled date will be refunded 50% of the total payments. If the event is not rescheduled, schools will be refunded 50% of the total payments.
- Ticket reservations must include the total number of seats needed by a group including any students, parents, teachers, or chaperones.
- Modifications to reservations must be made by the “Final Deadline” of November 3rd, 2020.
- Parents who are not chaperones can buy individual parent tickets starting 2 weeks before the concert while availability lasts. Parents who do not arrive with a school as an approved chaperone will not be allowed to sit in the student sections, but rather in a designated parent ticket section.