Music in the Middle2022-2023 MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH CONCERT
MUSIC IN THE MIDDLE:
The 2022 Music in the Middle program will be announced soon.
November 10th, 2022 | 10:30 AM
Hill Auditorium (825 N University Ave, Ann Arbor)
Upon receiving your ticket request, an A²SO staff member will respond confirming your order. Ticket reservations can be adjusted or canceled up until the final payment deadline of November 3rd, 2022.
Ludwig van BEETHOVEN Symphony. No. 5, I. Allegro con brio
Carlos SIMON Fate Now Conquers
Charles GRIFFES Poem for Flute and Orchestra
Ernesto LECUONA y Casado Malagueña
Florence PRICE Adoration
Max BRUCH Violin Concerto No.1, III. Finale: Allegro energico
ELGAR Enigma Variations
*repertoire subject to change
October 24, 2022: Bussing Subsidy Eligibility Deadline
November 3, 2022: Final deadline for payment and headcount
November 10, 2022: Concert Day! 10:30 AM
A2SO BUSSING SUBSIDY:
The Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra has limited funding available to subsidize the cost of bussing to the Link Up and Middle School Youth Concerts. If you would like to apply for a bussing subsidy, please provide the necessary information on your Youth Concert Ticket Reservation form before October 24, 2022.
Award allocations are determined by an “Overall Need Score” that considers the following factors:
- free and reduced lunch percentage (50%)
- distance from the school to Hill Auditorium (25%)
- number of buses needed (25%)
The A²SO provides participating teachers with supplemental classroom materials for each piece featured at the concert. Teachers who have reserved tickets will receive access to a Google Drive folder with more information on the program and these resources.
- Final Payments are due one week before the concert on the “Final Deadline” of November 3rd, 2022.
- Payments can be made via credit card over the phone by calling the A²SO office at (734) 994-4801 or by mailing a check to 35 Research Dr. Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
Payments are non-refundable if a school chooses not to attend the concert after the November 3 deadline. 50% of the payment will be refundable under the following conditions:
- The school’s district cancels school due to inclement weather or COVID-19 outbreak.
- The performance is canceled.
In the event of the cancellation of a performance, every effort will be made to reschedule the performance. Schools unable to attend the rescheduled date will be refunded 50% of the total payments.
- Ticket reservations must include the total number of seats needed by a group including any students, parents, teachers, or chaperones.
- Modifications to reservations must be made by the “Final Deadline” of November 3rd, 2022.
- Parents who are not chaperones can buy individual parent tickets starting 2 weeks before the concert while availability lasts. Parents who do not arrive with a school as an approved chaperone will not be allowed to sit in the student sections, but rather in a designated parent ticket section.