Music in the Middle2019-2020 MIDDLE SCHOOL YOUTH CONCERT
MUSIC IN THE MIDDLE: Made in America
Upon receiving your ticket request, an A²SO staff member will respond confirming your order. Ticket reservations can be adjusted or canceled up until the final payment deadline of October 30th, 2019.
Program: “Made in America”
COPLAND Fanfare for the Common Man
JESSICA HUNT The Eagle Tree
FLORENCE PRICE Symphony in E Minor, iv. Finale: Presto
DVORÁK Symphony No. 9 “Largo” (New World Symphony)
WANG JIE Symphonic Overture on “America, the Beautiful”
TIM HINCK Fanfare for Rosa: A New Citizen
BERNSTEIN West Side Story Selections
Young Artist Competition Winner- TBA
September 16th, 2019: Bussing Subsidy Eligibility Deadline
October 2nd, 2019: Non-Refundable Deposit Due
October 30th, 2019: Final Payment Deadline
November 13th, 2019: Concert Day! 10:30 AM
Middle School youth concert: Grades 6-8
Wednesday, November 13, 2019 | 10:30am
Hill Auditorium | Ann Arbor, Michigan
The Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra has limited funding available to subsidize the cost of bussing to the Link Up and Middle School Youth Concerts. If you would like to apply for a bussing subsidy, please provide the necessary information on your Youth Concert Ticket Reservation form before September 16th, 2019.
Award allocations are determined by an “Overall Need Score” that considers the following factors:
- distance from the school to Hill Auditorium (25%)
- number of buses needed (25%)
- free and reduced lunch percentage (50%)
OTHER TRANSPORTATION FUNDING SUPPORT RESOURCES:
• Target Field Trip Grant (Opens Summer 2019- Deadline October 1, 2019)
• Michigan Youth Arts Transportation Grant (Opens Summer 2019)
• Sharon Gewitz Kids to Concerts Fund (Opens June 2019 for 2019-2020 school year)
• Donors Choose (Ongoing)
The A²SO provides participating teachers with curriculum materials for each piece featured at the concert. Teachers who have reserved tickets will receive access to a Google Drive folder in the fall (September 2019) with more information on the program and these resources. The print and digital versions of the resources will be made available prior to the first week of classes in the 2019-2020 school year. To see samples from previous years materials click here.
- Deposits are due prior to the concert on October 2, 2019. Deposits are non-refundable and in the amount of 50% of their remaining balance after bussing subsidy award
- Failure to make this payment on time results in the cancellation of a school’s reservation.
- Any schools reserving tickets after the deposit deadline must pay their 50% non-refundable deposit at the time of their reservation. No confirmation of reservation will be made until the deposit is received by the A2SO.
- Payments can be made via credit card over the phone by calling the A²SO office at (734) 994-4801 or by mailing a check to 35 Research Dr., Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
- Final Payments are due 2 weeks before the concert on the “Final Deadline” of October 30th, 2019.
- Payments can be made via credit card over the phone by calling the A²SO office at (734) 994-4801 or by mailing a check to 35 Research Dr. Suite 100, Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
All deposits (50%) are non-refundable after the deposit deadline. The remaining 50% balance is refundable under the following conditions:
- The school’s district cancels school due to inclement weather
- The performance is canceled.
In the event of the cancellation of a performance, every effort will be made to reschedule the performance. Schools unable to attend the rescheduled date will be refunded 50% of the total payments. If the event is not rescheduled, schools will be refunded 50% of the total payments.
- Ticket reservations must include the total number of seats needed by a group including any students, parents, teachers, or chaperones.
- Modifications to reservations must be made by the “Final Deadline” of October 30th, 2019.
- Parents who are not chaperones can buy individual parent tickets starting 2 weeks before the concert while availability lasts. Parents who do not arrive with a school as an approved chaperone will not be allowed to sit in the student sections, but rather in a designated parent ticket section.