Who We Serve
The A2SO is a hub for connecting our community. Using the highest standards of music making by our professional musicians, we make music happen in all the places you call home. We make music happen not only on stage, but in classrooms, day care centers, libraries, farmers markets, senior centers and assisted living complexes. We bring together community partners from A to Z – from the Ann Arbor Hands-on Museum to Zingerman’s to make great music happen.
We take pride that we serve the underserved community including providing:
- Title I schools in Washtenaw, Wayne, Livingston and Oakland counties with Instrument Petting Zoos, classroom ensembles, conductor visits. We provide bus subsidies for our annual daytime youth concert to schools in need;
- Day care centers in low-income communities and in hospitals with free Instrument Petting Zoos;
- Free KinderConcerts in public libraries, reaching parents and caregivers of all socio-economic backgrounds as well as groups of toddlers from day-care centers serving low-income communities;
- Free concert tickets through the Taste of Music Program to low-income music lovers living in our five-county area participating in food assistance programs;
- Free school visits by A2SO ensembles and free tickets to youth concerts to Bryant Elementary School (Ann Arbor), East Arbor Academy (Ypsilanti) and Estabrook Learning Community (Ypsilanti)
- Free Instrument Petting Zoo for various festivals in Southeast Michigan
- Free concert tickets to Ann Arbor High School music students
- Reduced price tickets for students and seniors
- Hundreds of free tickets each year to our other area nonprofits for their auctions and fundraisers.