INSTRUMENT PETTING ZOOKEEPER
The Instrument Petting Zoo Zookeeper is responsible for the implementation of the Ann Arbor Symphony Orchestra’s Instrument Petting Zoos at schools, daycares, libraries, community centers, farmers markets, festivals, and family concerts in Southeast Michigan throughout the year. Zookeepers are responsible for the transport of all equipment to/from events.
The position is a part-time position with variable hours depending upon event schedule. Compensation depends on qualifications, plus milage.
Instrument Petting Zookeeper Job duties and responsibilities:
- Act as primary staff on duty for Instrument Petting Zoos (IPZs) (dates and times very throughout the year)
- Pick up from and return instruments and materials to A2 SO office and Shar Music
- Set up space and instruments at IPZ location
- Lead the presentation portion of each IPZ
- Help kids handle instruments, assist them in making sounds, offer encouragement
- Train and oversee volunteer zookeepers at IPZs
- Other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of orchestral instruments
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Experience working with kids
- Positive and energetic personality
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have a car (preferably large) and valid driver’s license
- Ability to rent equipment
- Must be able to do the physical work of transporting instruments and working with kids at their level
- Located in or near Ann Arbor is preferable
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems and their applications.
- Depends on qualifications
- Plus milage